Saint George Cathedral Eastern Orthodox Church
Location: West Town neighborhood of Chicago, west of the Loop, between Augusta and Chicago [N-S] and Ashland and Damen [E-W], at 917 North Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60622.
The St. George parish was incorporated and moved to its current location in 1914. Replacing the original wooden structure, the beautiful temple was completed and consecrated in 1935. It received its designation as a cathedral during the residence of Metropolitan Benjamin and Bishop Theodore of the Russian Orthodox Church in...
Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral
Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral is the cathedral church of the Orthodox Church in America Diocese of the Midwest.
Location: 1121 N. Leavitt St. / Ukrainian Village neighborhood of Chicago.
Architect: Louis Sullivan
The church was elevated to a cathedral in 1923.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
Designated a Chicago Landmark in 1979.
Official website, Holy Trinity Cathedral.. click here..
A Unitarian Universalist church in Oak Park.
Location: 875 Lake Street, Oak Park Illinois.
Designed by the American architect Frank Lloyd Wright
The Unitarian Universalist congregation that owns and worships in Unity Temple was formed in 1871, and has no connection with Unity Church, a religious organization founded in 1889.
These images are from my trip in June 2012.
First United Methodist Church at the Chicago Temple
Location: 77 W. Washington Street in Chicago, Illinois.It is the oldest church in Chicago. It was founded by Methodist circuit riders in 1831, six years before the City of Chicago was incorporated. For more than 175-years, the congregation has gathered for worship in five buildings. Its first services were held in the homes of its members. But in 1834 the growing congregation built a log cabin north of the Chicago River. Four years later, in 1838, Chicago’s first Methodists...
St. James Chapel at the Archbishop Quigley Center
Archbishop Quigley Preparatory Seminary was an American seminary preparatory school administered by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago for young men considering the priesthood. It was closed down in June 2007; and reopened in December 2008 as the completely refurbished Archbishop Quigley Center.
The Saint James Chapel is located within the Archbishop Quigley Center at 835 North Rush Street [at Pearson], just one block west of the John Hancock Center....
The Moody Church
Evangelical Christian [Nondenominational Christianity] church
Architects: Fugard and Knapp
Location: 1635 North LaSalle, Chicago, Illinois 60614. Corners of North Avenue, Clark Street, and LaSalle Street; Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago.
St. Peter's in the Loop, Chicago.
Location: 110 W. Madison St, Chicago.
St. Peter's Church is a Roman Catholic Church located in the Loop, Chicago.
It was founded in 1846 and moved from an 1865 structure to its current Art Deco home in the 1950s.
The facade is dominated by a large crucifix designed by Latvian sculptor Arvid Strauss and executed by Chicago artist J. Watts called “Christ of the Loop.”
Since there isn't a typical residential area nearby, St....